There’s a game of tag circulating around the blogger world, and now, thanks to my friend Lisa over at The Joy of Learning, it’s my turn to play the game! Here’s how it goes. A blogger sends a list of five questions to five different bloggers, who answer them and then make up five more questions to put to other bloggers.
As Lisa feels, I also feel that I am somewhat creatively challenged, so here goes!
Here they are:
1. If you had one super power to wish for (X-ray vision, invisibility etc.), what would it be and why? I would love to be able to teleport anywhere in the world and take my family with me just by us all holding hands.
2. What is the one book, resource or homeschool curriculum that you feel you will not sell or give away, and maybe even want to save for the grandkids?I’m not sure I have one of these. I am the kind of person who, once I know that we are done with a resource, I will resell it or pass it on to another family that could really use it. However, I would pass on what I have learned about teaching young children to read and learn and explore and discover and pass that on to my grandchildren!
3. If you had a chance to learn one European or Asian language, which one will it be and why? I really enjoyed learning German while I was in Germany and found it much easier for my mouth to say than the French that I learned in high school. For a real challenge, though, I think I would like to learn modern Greek. As a young adult, I took a Greek Cruise, and while most of the staff on board knew how to speak English, listening to the Greek was fascinating since it was so different from English and German.
4. When time is short and/ or when chaos reigns in your home, what is the one task, family routine or household chore you prioritize? Eating dinner together, even if it means going out to each to take a break from the chaos. If time is short, we would heat up some soup and grill some cheese sandwiches and still sit down together to eat.
5. What does your dream learning environment (study/ den/ school room/ kitchen/ outdoor space) look like? If you’ve found something similar online, post a link! If you have broken the bank remodeling your home to achieve it (lucky you!), post a photo! I have seen a really cool learning space on another blog, though I am not sure my boys would really like it anymore than what we do now. Here’s the link for that: http://satorismiles.com/2010/08/08/not-back-to-school-blog-hop-school-room-week/ As the boys get older, I have visions of them sitting outside in the spring/summer, barefoot, under a nice tree, reading their classic books or using a laptop to do their work.
Wow, now I have to come up with 5 more questions, AND 5 more bloggers?! Hmmm. OK, here’s my attempt at this part:
- If you could go back to when your kids were younger, whether you were homeschooling or not at the time, and you could change how you did something knowing what you know now, what would it be?
- Where have you always dreamed that you could live, and would it be a place you would want to live for the rest of your life, or just a few years, settling down for the long haul someplace else?
- What was the one book or concept that was the most important for developing your family’s homeschooling methods/style?
- If you could have any car you wanted (a rich great aunt that you didn’t know about left you a fortune), what would you want?
- What sport or activity have you always wanted to try if you had the money, time, place, and no fear?
OK, it time to tag 5 of my blogging friends! Tag, you’re it!
Angela at Satori Smiles
Theresa at La Paz Farm
Cori at Wonder in the Woods
Sarah at Quarks and Quirks